Sunday, January 31, 2010

Curiosity kills

If I hadn't woke up early in the morning to go to dad's office, I wouldn't see my latest MUET results. I thought the slip was posted wrongly to someone's house, because I've waited for months and had not receive it. Today while I was printing some documents in my dad's office, I came across this familiar piece of paper clipped under some stacks of letters. I pulled out that piece of paper, and realised that my dad had the MUET slip all along. I knew that I had FAILED miserably and had disappointed everyone, but, I am still curious of what I scored for those components which I DID turned up for.

Listening                                                                         36/45
Speaking                                                                        33/45
Reading                                                              ABSENT/ 120 (missed)
Writing                                                                          46/90 (arrived late)
Aggregated Score                                                       NIL/300

My dad found out that I successfully "dug out" that slip, he just patted my shoulder and walked off to get a cup of coffee. He did not scold nor yell at me, I knew that he don't want me to look at that FAILED SLIP, because I will be deeply affected. Now, i am deeply affected.
He knew that in school, I was upset and stress about the whole "MUET EXAMINATION". It was because my course mates either passed with desirable bands or had registered for the upcoming exam. He knew I was scared because my course mates are all fluent and good in english. He hid the slip to protect my ego.

Now, I've faced the fact. I am a NIL. No band score, but a NIL.

What should I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment